Good morning. I hope you all had a wonderful Father’s Day weekend. Our dear friend Roda messaged me a few times this weekend to mention she’d arrived safely and snapped some incredibly great photos of the landscape. Two things I know already… she had an encounter with a moose (who does that???) and is visiting the tundra today. I didn’t know they had tundra in the lower continental United States. I thought you had to go to Alaska, Canada or the Arctic. Maybe she’s not really where she said she was going… hmmm…. and another thing… it’s going to be 95 degrees in New York today (where I live) and Roda knows I hate the heat. How come she gets the cool weather of the tundra and I am stuck here? Eh, maybe I should stop complaining and start enjoying that she’s finally gotten a vacation and a break since… like February… when she came to visit me in NY.
So… back to farm life while she’s away. Baxter and I had a conversation with a few of the animals this morning. Oh, in case you don’t know who Baxter is… he’s my new puppy (13 week male black and tan shiba inu – see below). I can’t share the pictures of the sheep as we have to pretend ‘it never happened‘ but the sheep at Indigo Acres have been eating up all the grass. The odd thing is they spelled a message for me with their eating pattern. I’m fairly certain the message said “Give Us More Food Please” which is kind of humorous. Not only because they’re smart enough to tell me they are still hungry, but they can spell. Who knew? Sheep can spell and communicate. Maybe it’s not Roda texting me all day long when she’s on the farm. Perhaps my days are spent discussing things with sheep?
I’ve just sent a note to the barn cats to snap some photos of the chickens so I can see how many eggs were laid today. I’m trying to convince them to pile up all the eggs in one large mound so they block the door to the chicken coop and Roda can’t get back in when she returns home. I think she’ll love the challenge of trying how to break in without making an omelette large enough to feed a small army. On that note, since my humor is quite bad this morning, I’m gonna sign out before my presence on the blog becomes known. Happy Monday!
Good morning! Please adjust your computers, laptops, phones, and any other device you use to read the posts from the GrowingSelf blog. It’s about to get interesting over the next week… why, you ask? Well… maybe you should start by asking “who is this?” especially when the last post you read from here mentioned something about Momma Roda going away for a week on vacation.
I’ll answer that last question first. My name is JJ and I was named after my supposed doppelganger, mom’s brother, my Uncle Jay, probably better known to you as that guy who runs the ThisIsMyTruthNow blog. In case you’re curious what I look like, here’s a recent photo. I’m not looking my best (mornings are rough with that other rooster starting at the crack of dawn!) as she was busy when Uncle Jay asked for a new photo. Oh well… I’m still quite the attraction here at Indigo Acres.
If you’re now wondering how a chicken could be writing a blog post with feet like those, well… that’s for another day. The better question is… who’s helping me? For anyone who may not have noticed a little something peculiar exactly one month ago today, the wonderful woman who runs this blog had a little fun with my namesake and took over his blog for 2 weeks while he was away on vacation. Here’s the post where she diabolically planned the evil. Since Momma Roda’s fond of little phrases like “when the cat’s away…” I thought I’d help Uncle Jay exact his own revenge, after all, they say “payback is a…” Right? Psst… don’t tell her I almost used a bad word. She won’t give me enough feed when she returns.
So… for the next week while Momma Roda is away relaxing, I’m going to help Uncle Jay wreck havoc on GrowingSelf… or as I like to say… peck it to death! I’ll be kind and give the weekend a little quiet time, especially since she is just leaving in a few hours. But stay tuned and check in again Monday. I’m gonna dish on what really goes on around the farm that Momma Roda conveniently forgets and/or leaves out in her posts! But first, please enjoy a friend’s latest new dance crave…
Thank you to Mischenko from https://readrantrockandroll.com/2017/09/08/award-the-miranda-sings-award/ for nominating me for this award! This is a new award for me, which makes it even more fun! I love the fact that the focus of this award is Self Love! Check out Mischenko’s blog! If you enjoy books, movies and music, you have come to the right place!♥
- Announce your win with a post, and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List 7 things you love about yourself. (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation (i.e. Don’t say things like – “I’m prettier than an average person.” or “People have told me I’m smart.” You are pretty. You are smart.)
7 Things I love about myself:
- I love the emotional complexities of ME! I am an extremely strong woman, yet I cry very easily. I love reaching out and helping others, yet it is difficult for me to ask for help. I am Roda, hear me roar…and meow!
- I have a unique fashion sense that is completely based on my mood! I can rock a dress and heals if needed, but would prefer my hippie jeans, bare feet and a graphic tee! I can go from natural hair one minute to piggy braids the next! I refuse to paint my finger nails, but my toes must have sparkle at all times!
- I love that I feel everything around me. I have learned to embrace my strong intuitive side and listen to her.
- I embrace my creative side. I have always loved art and music! I enjoy creating in so many ways! My art form tends to be gardening in the Spring and Summer. The color and texture palette is endless! In the Fall and Winter, I turn my creative juices to cooking, painting, and designing natural jewelry. I enjoy photography year round, which allows me to celebrate and share my creations. I might not be a talented mathematician, but I feel blessed to have the gift of creativity.
- I so enjoy sprinkling JOY in people’s lives! There is nothing more beautiful than knowing a small act of kindness made a difference in someone’s day!
- I love that I am filled to the brim with passion! I am passionate about everything in my life: people, animals, hobbies…when I love, it is with all of me. I have always been told I am an all or nothing person. I guess that is a true statement!
- I love that I have learned to embrace ME completely. The greatest gift one can discover is self-love…
*I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following blogs, I am able to celebrate these new and old friends. We all can use a little reminder when it comes to celebrating our gifts! If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…♥
Love Yourself…Embrace Yourself…Just Be You…