The Gift of Gratitude Day 24: Humor
Living with Wifey means our home is always full of humor! She might be shy, but Wifey is extremely funny and has the best one liners! Tonight, I asked her if she wanted to be a guest on my blog, for the Gratitude Series. She looked at me like I was certifiable, but then she started listing off her Top 10 Gratitude List…a list that only Wifey could come up with!
The Gift of Gratitude: Wifey’s Top 10 List
- Stretchy Gloves: They keep my hands warm under my regular mittens.
- Cats: They are just fabulous!
- Gas Fireplaces: Turn the knob and poof, warmth. Also, there is no mess!
- Solar Lights: They are cool! No electricity needed!
- Lint Rollers: Because we have cats…I love cats!
- My John Deere Tractor: Everything is an excuse to use the tractor!
- Bungee Cords: Almost everything can be fixed with a bungee cord!
- Wire Cutters: Best multipurpose tool on the farm.
- Zip Ties: Reason – See number 7
- Lowes: Lowes provides everything on my “need and want” list, but cats!
Roda: “Wait one minute…number 10 is really Lowes?”
Wifey: “I am very grateful for Lowes. They have Peanut Butter M&Ms, too, which I am extreemly grateful for.”
Roda: “Are you sure Lowes is what you are most grateful for?”
Wifey: “Well, no…probably Peanut Butter M&Ms. It is tied. Lowes and M&Ms are tied. Oh, and Advil, due to all of the farm work you make me do.”
Roda: “Well, about that topic of ME… Is there a reason I am not on your list?”
Wifey: “Well that is given…you don’t have to be listed.”
Roda: “Nice save!”
Wifey: “Wait…I forgot about Coffee!! Top…most important…COFFEE!”
Roda: “So coffee is more important than Lowes and Peanut Butter M&Ms?”
Wifey: “Yes…but that is a very hard decision.”
Roda: “Is coffee more important than ME…?”
Wifey: “Well…On most days, there is not enough coffee to deal with your 200,000 words in the morning. So, coffee is very much a necessity. It is just as important as breathing.”
Roda: “So, what you are saying is that coffee and I are tied for the TOP of your Gratitude list?”
Wifey: “Yeah…let’s go with that.”
Roda: “Good answer!”
A note from Wifey…
May your holiday be filled with love, laughter and a trip to Lowes! Oh, and cats…don’t forget about cats!
Love Yourself…Embrace Yourself and Just Be You…