A great big thank you goes out to yellowfuzzyduck at https://turtledesk.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for this award. If you have not visited Turtledesk, I highly recommend it! This blog is filled with inspiration and talent! Poetry, photograph and art…sounds like the perfect place to visit and enjoy some time! One of my favorite posts recently is titled “One Butterfly”. https://turtledesk.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/one-butterfly/ Enjoy! Head over to is site and get lost in some amazing reading and writing!
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers (with under 200 followers)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know that you have nominated them
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years? Age 50, embracing life’s gifts!
- What was the most challenging post (in terms of editing pictures, writing/explaining) you’ve done so far? My Big Island Adventure Series is an 8 part series, featuring our 10 day adventure around the Big Island of Hawaii. It was time-consuming to write, but so much fun to share!!
- What is your favorite movie? The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- How do you find ideas for posts? Whatever is going on in my life, at the time, tends to be my blog post.
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written? Every Sunday, I write a “Be Still” post, focusing on the simple peace and joy of life. https://growingself.blog/2017/07/30/be-still-19/
- What is a pet peeve of yours? Entitlement
- What is your favorite quote? “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us…” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- What are the characteristics of a good blog post, in your opinion? Writing, from the heart, and quality photos.
- What have you learned from blogging? I have learned that the WordPress community is filled with kind and loving souls!
- When not blogging, what do you do for fun? Gardening, hanging out with the farm animals, cooking, yoga, and laughing with 3 teenagers!
- Two random facts about you. 1) I love dill pickles 2) I love rocks and sea glass!
Growing Self – Roda’s Nominations
I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following blogs, I am able to show thanks and appreciation for the joy these individuals have brought to my life. If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…
Growing Self – Roda’s Questions to nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is your role model?
- Use one word to describe yourself?
- Do you have a pet? If so, what is your favorite thing about your special friend?
- What is your favorite color?
- Where on Earth is your most memorable travel destination?
- What is your favorite book?
- Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- What is your Superpower?
- What do you love most about YOU?
Love Yourself…Embrace Yourself…Just Be You…