It is strawberry time! There is nothing like walking out to rows of organic berries, with my “pickin” bucket, ready to eat, I mean pick tons and tons of fresh, juicy strawberries!
Strawberry and Spinach Salad
- 10 oz of baby spinach leaves
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz of goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 C red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 C walnuts
- 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 T honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and boil for about 2-3 minutes, until reduced by 1/2. Pour into a bowl and add olive oil, dijon mustard, honey and whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. If needed, thin with a little water.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, strawberries, 1/2 of the goat cheese, red onion and walnuts. Toss with vinaigrette.
- Top with the remaining goat cheese.
- Serve immediately
Note: I have used a variety of leaf lettuces and kale with this salad, if fresh spinach is not ready in the garden. I like both equally well. I have also used pecans or almonds. Once again, they both work well. Pick the greens and nut you love most! Enjoy this perfect summer salad!
Love Yourself…Embrace Yourself…Just Be You!