This morning, I find myself filled with mixed emotions, for today is the last day of school! As I try to sort my spaghetti of thoughts, into neat waffle size compartments, I have decided to make a Pros and Cons list for this Teenage Holiday:
- I no longer have to be startled out of that “perfect sleep” by the perky alarm I have set on my cell phone.
- My day will not end at 3:00 to play the role of “Uber Mom” for numerous after school events, music lessons, sporting events, etc.
- I will no longer have to watch my three teenagers drudge up the stairs in the morning and sleepwalk out the door to school!
- I will have 3 farm hands! Bahahaaa!!!
- There will be lots of fun and friends at the house, all summer long!
- I will have my babies home, all day, for almost three months… This is a Pro, right?!
- The pantry will be empty all of the time!
- There will be noise…obnoxious teenage noise!
- There will be that time, about a week into summer vacation, when I hear the words, “I’m bored”. Granted, my children have learned over the years that those two words = Mom pulling out her notebook and creating a “Summer Adventure List“…aka “Children Chores“!
- Lumps will appear in rooms throughout the house, left by the teenagers, for no apparent reason. (I do not like lumps!)
- Did I mention there will be lots of noise???
- Children, that we did not give birth to, will appear to be living in our home.
- I will have my babies home, all day, for almost three months… This should be a Pro, right!?
So there you have it! For the next three hours, if you need me, I will be in a meditative state, sitting in my purple chair with some strong herbal tea and large amounts of dark chocolate, listening the “The Final Countdown” by Europe!
Love Yourself…Embrace Yourself…Just Be You…