I have so enjoyed sharing my Big Island Adventure Series with everyone, but after a little trip this morning, I felt the need to share an entirely different type of adventure…the grocery store! By doing so, Wifey might be saved from my 50,000 word chatter about this experience, when she arrives home this evening! Continue reading “Grocery Store Etiquette”
As sad as we were to say goodbye to the Volcanoes National Park, it was time to continue our 10 day journey around the island. Once again, after driving less than 30 miles, the scenery began to change. To this day, I am astounded by the idea of barren rock and devastation one minute and then lush green forests the next. We were heading South, to the southern tip of the big island. The first thing that caught my eye were the trees! Continue reading “Our Big Island Adventure: Part VI”
Wow! I feel truly blessed by the numerous award nominations I have received, over the past week. I am so excited to be nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! ♥ I would love to thank the hilarious, creative, folk music loving (just kidding) “MainePaperPusher” for nominating me! 😜 If you have not visited her blog, I recommend you check it out! She is hilarious, kind and has the best stories to share! I so enjoy her blogging adventures! They bring me daily joy and laughter! http://mainepaperpusher.wordpress.com Continue reading “Mystery Blogger Award”
I love that there are so many amazing individuals, in the WordPress community, that are willing to extend kindness and support through the award nomination process. I am filled with JOY when I have made an impact on someone’s life through my words, photography or by just being ME. With that said, I have taken a leap of faith and created a new award. (Can you do that? Sure…why not!) ♥ Continue reading “Be the Change…”
Once again, we were up with the chickens and ready for a long day of exploration! We started our day’s adventure exploring steam vents. I have to admit, it was a bit of an odd feeling watching steam pour out of Mother Earth’s cracks and crevasses. And by the way, that steam gave off some heat! Continue reading “Our Big Island Adventure: Part V”
I am so grateful to be nominated for the Awesome Blogger Award! ♥ A great big thank you goes out to the talented Nel for nominating me! If you have not visited her blog, I highly recommend you check it out! Nel shares her experiences, photos and feelings, based on inspiration. I so enjoy her blogging adventures! http://reactionarytales.com
What is the Awesome Blogger Award?
This award was created by Miss Maggie over at dreaming of Guatemala! And she says :
“This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
Rules of This Award:
• Thank the person who nominated you. Include the reason behind the award. Include the banner in your post.
• Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
• Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
• Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
• Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
• Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
• What are you currently binge watching or plan to binge watch? Well…I don’t watch TV. But, if I had the time, I would watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies in one day! Pure Eye Candy!!
• Have you ever experienced a critical comment (justified or unjustified) on your posts or comments? How did you you deal with it? So, far the WordPress souls I have met have been nothing but amazing!
• Do you believe in chance or luck? Or everything is based on logic? I trust in the universe and believe in fate!
• Android or Apple? Apple
• What’s something on your bucket list that you hope to do in the next 5 years? Return to Little Palm Island with Wifey.
• Hot sub or cold sub? Hot sub
• If you are given two choices – death for denying to accept a lie as a truth, life for accepting a truth as a lie, what would you choose? Can I get back to you on this one!? I don’t want to die, but truth is the only way. I guess I answered the question…I must die!
• Polar bears or Pandas? Pandas
• If you could travel, all expenses paid, to anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why? Little Palm Island. It is our favorite place to escape from everyday life and just do nothing!
• Tag your own favorite post you posted here. I love my “Be Still” category.
*I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following 7 blogs, I am able to show thanks and appreciation for the joy, knowledge and laughter these individuals have brought to my life. If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…♥
Roda’s Questions: Let’s try something new!
1. One thing you love?
2. Two favorite colors?
3. Three words you love to use?
4. Four places you have traveled?
5. Five favorite foods?
6. Six musicians or bands you love?
7. Seven survival items you would take while visiting out of town relatives over the holidays?
8. 4+4=8. Four favorite vegetables? Four favorite fruits?
9. Nine words that describe you?
10. 10-9=1. One thing you love most about You!
Love Yourself…Embrace Yourself…Just Be You…
In keeping with the Hawaiian theme, these photos remind me that there is always a way, even when life is really hard! There are days that can be extremely challenging! Over the past 48 hours, I have been faced with many “1st world problems”… The wheel bearings broke on our trailer, loaded with 400 lbs of chickens, on the way to the processor. The kitchen remodel is still not complete. The evil fox killed my dear, sweet Big White. The brand new dishwasher has an electronic screen that says, “leak detected” and will not turn on. The weather is cold and my seedlings are unhappy. I think I need to call the “WHAAAAAAAmbulance”! Continue reading “Be Still…”
I am filled with gratitude to be nominated for the Real Neat Blogger Award! ♥ I would love to thank the creative and talented Manal from Sensible Nonsense for nominating me! If you have not visited her blog, I recommend you check it out! Manal’s blog is wonderfully written and filled with moving words about life, love, and more!
Visit her at http://thatgirl196.wordpress.com
After our long bike trip to view and explore the volcano, we were ready to see some green again! Exhausted and hungry, we checked into our home for the next three days: The Volcano House Lodge, located right in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The Volcano House Lodge was constructed in 1846. It was rebuilt in 1941, after it burnt to the ground. It represents decades of visitations to this culturally sacred site known as Ka’auea, on the edge of the Kilauea Crater. The nightly glow of bubbling and spattering lava was just incredible! Continue reading “Our Big Island Adventure: Part IV”